Saturday, June 19, 2010

Last Chants Studio




DiD you ever see something and not buy it and then have major regrets? Well I did. I went to a Ren Faire in Gig Harbor WA, probably 9 to 10 years ago and saw this amazing pottery. It was beautiful and spiritual. It just called to me.......... Well, I didn't have much money, my husband was back in school working on his second career in life, so I passed on this one piece. Well I always thought about it and hoped that I would run into the artist again one day. I didn't even know her name, but I could remember what she looked like. I thought about this piece for an entire year and made it back to the Ren Faire with money. Oh no, she wasn't there............ The next year, the same. I constantly thought about this piece. Well I am an ETSY addict and one day while doing a search for something, this piece of pottery popped up. I thought to myself, "wow, this looks just like the pieces from back in my WA. days." I purchased this piece and contacted the artist and yes, it was the same person. I couldn't believe that I finally found the piece that I NEVER forgot. Teri is "Last Chants Studio" and makes such beautiful and spiritual pieces. She is a wonderful person too, I am so glad that our paths have crossed again. http://www.etsy.com/shop/lastchantsstudio ***** The piece that I purchased through ETSY wasn't the exact same piece that I saw over 9 years ago, but it was Teri's work again, and I love all of her art. I was happy to get this piece and hope to purchase a few more.

7 comments:

Robin said...

Definitely have been in that position.
That is so cool, L.! I love that you finally found it again; that piece was meant to come home with you. Just checked out her shop...I really love the Crescent Moon Woman. Very cool!

mamabeaks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mamabeaks said...

Thanks Robin, I love Teri's work so much and was so happy to find her on Etsy. I hope to get few more pieces.

CatHerder said...

thats so cool!!

Medieval Muse said...

What a fantastic story with a happy shopping ending!
Her work is beautiful and fits so well in your circle of lovely things:)

Unknown said...

wow! what a story and it is so meaningful especially with the name of her shop! so glad you found this piece again-it is so perfect for you. love the new look of your blog too.
xo!

Teri said...

Linda!!! Thank you, you have such a great blog and I love the personality that shines in whatever you write! So, thanks for telling this story...it was some very sweet spirit action that reconnected us after all those years, huh. I only did that faire twice after I'd moved away from the coast. I would never have thought 9 or so yrs later someone would FIND me on Etsy and ask if I was ever at the Ren Faire. And thanks all of you too who checked out my shop because of Linda. It's a fine white magic web we weave these days. So be it, Yippee!